The Methodology Outline Project Management Template provides a set of headings that can be used as a starting point for the project management methodology document. It is expected that most PMOs will expand and perhaps alter this outline to suit the needs of the organization.
The PMO Methodology Expert creates and maintains the project management methodology document following these 5 steps:
1. Copy the Project Management Methodology Outline Template to the hypertext or document project management tool that will be used to create the project management methodology.
2. Using the list of components in the Methodology Publication Schedule, adjust the table of contents and section headings so that, after the introduction, there is one section for each major component of the methodology.
3. Open the Methodology Execution Plan, and complete the items listed in the New Project Management Methodology Adoption Schedule. Place completed components into the Methodology Outline to create the Methodology Document.
4. The Project Manager should post in advance of the publication date.
5. Maintain using the Methodology Maintenance Schedule.
For a sample project management methodology schedule, complete with processes and tools, see the Method123 Project Management Methodology (MPMM™).